Pages

Friday 16 September 2016

What my culture means to me

To me, being a Samoan is like being given a gift. I know some people judge us by our skin tone but we are more than that. That is one thing I love about being an islander, we don’t care about what people think about us.

Another thing that I love about being Samoan are the dances. When you are dancing on a special occasion, you are usually telling a story. To me dancing is like a whole new thing when I found out this.

Even though we are just plain brown chocolates, we are proud brown chocolates. We stand up for our rights, and for the rights of others. Being a different skin tone isn’t  always easy, sometimes we can’t go in places other people can go to.

But it’s the 21 century, certain things have changed throughout the globe. I like this change, it’s for the best.  


No comments:

Post a Comment