Bonus: This year two new sports are being added to the Paralympic Games. They are canoeing and triathlon. In the triathlon the athletes must swim 750 metres, cycle for 20 kilometres, and then run for 5 kilometres. Paralympic athletes may also compete in other sports including archery, boccia, football, judo, powerlifting, rowing, sailing, swimming, sitting volleyball, track cycling, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair fencing, wheelchair rugby, and wheelchair tennis. To learn more about all of the Paralympic sports, please visit the 2016 Paralympic Games website.
Imagine that you are on the Paralympic Committee and you have been asked to create one new sport to add to the competition for this year. Use your awesome imagination to design a brand new Paralympic sport. Please remember that some of the athletes will not be able to walk or run and others may be blind or deaf. On your blog, please write:
- The name of your sport,
- A brief description of how you play the sport, and
- Three rules for the sport
The name of my sport would be called stacking, the aim of the game is to try and stack books until the timer stops.
1. You cannot use anything to help the books stand up right.
2. Once the timer stops you are not allowed to do anything with that stack of books.
3. If your stack of books fall you are disqualified.