After meeting with the local family yesterday you are inspired to learn more about how people live in different countries. You and your family decide to go out and visit a local market. When you’re there you meet a student who tells you all about what it’s like to go to school in their country. The student also gives you a page from their diary that shows you what a typical school day is like for them.
Here is an example of a school diary for a student from Germany.
8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
8:45 – 9:30 a.m.
9:30 - 9:40 a.m.
9:40 -10:25 a.m.
11:30 – 12:15 p.m.
12:15- 1:00 p.m.
Think about your school and what you typically do in a day. Compare it with the diary from the German student. What is similar? What is different? In your blog, tell us:
- Whether you would rather go to school in New Zealand or in Germany
- Why you feel that way
One thing that I have noticed that was different was that Germany and my school both learn about different subjects.
1. I think I would rather stay in New Zealand.
2. I would rather stay in New Zealand because I have a great teacher there who teaches me everything I will need to know in the future.
Think about your favourite subject at school. In your blog tell us:
- The name of your favourite subject
- Why it is your favourite subject
1. My favourite subject in school is Reading.
2. I like reading because it teaches me more about other subjects, such as writing. Books teaches me new words to add to my vocabulary. Which is very helpful.
Once you have looked at the other school diary, it is time for you to make one of your own. What do you in a normal school day? Use the template below as a guide and post your own personal ‘Day in the Life of…’
http://www.wherethewildthingslearn.com/2014_01_01_archive.htmlBonus Blog = 5 points
9:00 - (Depends on the the Prayer Timetable.)
9:30 - 9:50
9:50 - 10:30
10:30 - 11:50
11:50 - 12 - 50
12:50 - 1:45
1:45 - 2:40